Friday, December 18, 2009

The start.

Today is the first day of winter break. The last two school days we were let out early and I had plans to roam around with friends, but those plans didn't happen. Instead I took to wandering the streets and aisles of some of my favorite Tucson places, and it's from these days that I gathered and reflected upon experiences that have now become the inspiration for my first real street art project.

Over the next two weeks I will be editing and transposing the pages of my sketchbooks into alley-worthy stencils and papercuts. Starting now I plan to put up at least one large piece of art a week, and hopefully continue to install smaller posts everyday.

My favorite places to beautify are the ones you don't give much attention to, but find yourself spending more time than you would have liked at. Bus stops, crosswalk buttons, vending machines, street corners, waiting places. My goal is to make your day.

My mediums of choice are stencils, papercuts, wheatpasting, linocuts, guerrilla gardening, found object sculptures, and stickers.

Look where you wouldn't. I'm sneaky.

~syzygy

No comments:

Post a Comment

THERE ARE MORE POSTS! THE ART DOESN'T STOP HERE!

CLICK ON THAT 'OLDER POSTS' BUTTON UP THERE ^ :)